The gift of Galen Patrick Sanderson

The gift of Galen Patrick Sanderson
Galen Sanderson - a curse or a gift

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Is there life out there?

Sometimes when you are hurting it is hard to imagine that the pain will subside and life will go on.

But there is life out there.

It is okay if you hurt because someone broke your heart. But that doesn't mean that you can't move on with your life. Look around you. Pick two or three things that you really enjoy and put your energy there.

I am so blessed to have horses in my life again. Riding, training, and the impending birth of our first foal give me great pleasure and satisfaction. Remembering how jealous Galen grew of the time I spent with the horses BEFORE I was on night watch for the birth of Rosa's foal, makes me kind of glad that he isn't in my life now. He would have gone bananas about me checking on the horse every couple hours every night.

Long before Galen came into my life, I was running a business out of my home. Both AdvoCare and Success Promotions take a lot of time to generate an income. Galen was often angry that I had to work at night. I could never have given up a few days at home to go out of town for training. With no Galen in my life I can travel to Atlanta for a few days to obtain my Google Certification.

There are lot of ways that life is better sans Galen. It doesn't mean I don't still love him. But it makes it a lot easier to be oka living without him. Sure, he broke my heart. But he didn't break my spirit or my will.

1 comment:

AdvoCare Mommy Shannan said...

Very ironic that just hours after making this post, I saw a biography of Reba.