So here is one of those funny little side stories about Galen. If I text him to ask a question, I’m being “a pain”. If I text him with a weather report (because grocery store clerks are busy when the weather is questionable especially here in the South), I’m a saint. If I text him to tell him how I feel about him (and these are generally sweet messages), he wants me to leave him alone and let him be happy.
However I must digress and say that after he told me he wanted to be happy with joy he recanted and said he wanted to be HAPPY with me. So let’s have a show of hands here. Who is the schizophrenic and who is the besotted lover and who is just trying to keep up with the emotion of the moment?
Anyhow, Galen is a weekend warrior and even when he doesn’t want to talk to me he will make sure that I know that it is his duty weekend and he might find out if he is going to deploy anywhere. So I sent a friendly little text asking if he was “going to fly somewhere to meet interesting people and shoot at them?” (No disrespect intended for the US military men and women who protect our country. But as a medical records specialist I don’t believe that Galen is ever shooting at anyone.) Boy, he replied to that one by golly. I might go here or there or this other country. Maybe in June. Maybe in May.
Blah, blah, blah.
Curiously enough, given his chick’s loyalty reputation I’m as curious about his potential deployment because she doesn’t have a good stick rate when her man isn’t around if you know what I mean.
So yeah, Galen may want me to leave him alone and let him be happy. But with his texting, as with every visit he’s made to our home since he moved out, Galen as all too happy to talk about Galen.
But then, you know the type, right?

No comments:
Post a Comment